This post goes over how to schedule and publish posts on TikTok for free.
TikTok is one of the fastest-growing social networks. TikTok is a social media platform where people can watch, create, and share video content in real-time. You can start your own live stream here to tell stories that have never been told before.
However, in the TikTok mobile app, there is no way to schedule a TikTok post for the future. You can only post your TikTok videos at that moment.
If you want to schedule TikTok posts for the future, you have 2 options:
- Use TikTok’s scheduler on a web browser (not in the mobile app, and it only works with Business or Creator accounts), OR
- Use a 3rd-party TikTok scheduling tool (works with all account types)
If you use TikTok’s scheduler on a web browser, you will see the “Publish at a later date” option while creating your post, but ONLY for Creator and Business accounts (not Personal accounts):
However, TikTok’s scheduler only allows you to schedule videos up to 10 days in advance. If you try to choose a date more than 10 days into the future, it shows those dates as grayed out:
If you want to schedule TikTok videos as far into the future as you’d like, you can schedule TikTok videos for free using a 3rd-party TikTok scheduling tool like OneUp.
Using OneUp, you can schedule TikTok posts for free, and it works with all TikTok account types (Personal, Creator, or Business accounts).
Here is how scheduling TikTok posts with OneUp works 👇
NOTE: Scroll to the bottom for details of OneUp’s Free Plan
How to schedule TikTok posts
- Connect your TikTok account on the Accounts page of OneUp
- Click “Create a post”
- Select which TikTok account you want to post to (if you have more than 1 TikTok account connected)
- Upload the video you want to schedule to TikTok
- Schedule your TikTok video
Here are those steps with screenshots:
- Connect your TikTok account on the Accounts page:
2. Click “Create a post”
3. Select which TikTok account you want to post to (if you have more than one TikTok account connected)
4. Upload the video you want to schedule to TikTok
5. Schedule your TikTok video
When it is time for the video to be posted, you will get a notification from TikTok that lets you know when the video is ready:
Click on the TikTok notification to finalize your video by adding elements, sounds, voiceovers, and then add your caption, tags, and relevant hashtags before posting it to TikTok:
Then click “Post” in the TikTok app.
OneUp‘s Free Plan typically doesn’t allow video posts (which means scheduling TikTok videos normally wouldn’t be supported on the Free Plan), but we wanted to make a special offer for anyone coming from this blog post:
1. Sign up for the Free Plan of OneUp
2. Reply to the welcome email and say that you are coming from this TikTok blog post
3. Your OneUp account will then be updated to allow TikTok video scheduling on the Free Plan 😊
Schedule your TikTok posts for free with OneUp 😊
Here’s a one-minute video showing how scheduling TikTok posts with OneUp works:
Leave a comment